Easy DIY costume ideas: This month I am sharing some sustainable ideas for costumes , from upcycled ones to handmade from scratch, basically here you’ll find a list with some inspo for easy costume ideas for your kids or for Halloween parties: we don’t need to buy new things to enjoy these Halloween holidays!
Easy AND eco-friendly costume ideas!
- The fawn: just some makeup and a cute hairstyle! I added a false fur cushion on the Tshirt to level up the costume.
- Witch costumes: old witch hats, flannel shirts and handmade black skirts upcycled from mosquito nets!
- Witch broom: don’t buy them ! You can make tour own with only hot glue and nature sticks!
- Little red hood: another easy one,I used a red curtain to make that hook and cape!
- Princess Leia: easiest hairstyle plus a white bedsheet! Done!
- Rosie the riveter: do you have a red bandana and a denim shirt? Then you are ready!
- Wizard of oz: I upcycled a dress that I didn’t wear anymore into that cute skirt for my girl,two braids like the ones Dorothy used to wear and I thrifted the cutest little red ballerinas! For the lion I recycled an old fake fur collar from a coat and made that cape for a baby 🦁.
- Elsa and Anna: that one was a bit harder because of the different pieces of the costumes, I bought satin fabric and made a dress and a cape from tul for Elsa and a bonnet,a cape and a skirt for Anna. It was fun to create and the girls love them!
Which one is your favorite?xx and,would you try some of these? Stay tuned because I’ll keep sharing more eco-friendly costumes!
Find my DIY ideas and crafts classed by themes on my “about me” page
Follow for more on my Instagram https://instagram.com/scraps.and.coffee.grounds?utm_medium=copy_link
And you can support my work https://ko-fi.com/scrapsandcoffeegrounds